Writing your resume can be a difficult undertaking. Below are leading questions to assist you in creating a resume reflective of your qualifications.
Write down what you are doing now.
• What is the job description, level of responsibilities and skills required?
• Do you wish to remain in this field?
• Write down your employment objective?
• How would you describe your ideal company?
• Room to grow?
• How would you describe your ideal positions?
• What do you have to offer?
• Be honest. Your employment status and industry reputation can suffer if you embellish.
List your interests, experience, skills, natural aptitudes and traits that may be marketable.
• Have you been in the military?
• List all of your hobbies and personal interests.
• What do people come to you for help?
• Are you a member of any organization?
• Have you ever given a speech or presentation or provided training to anyone?
Write down the specifics.
• Do you volunteer? Where?
• What do you do?
• Do you speak any foreign languages?
• Consider your skill level.
• Could your skills be used for professional purposes?
• Do you have unique cultural experience?
• Have you studied, lived or worked abroad?
• Do you live in an American enclave (a foreign community within a domestic community)?
• List all of your accomplishments not previously listed.
• Have you written an article or book?
• Are you published?
• What is your computer literacy and related skills?
• What platforms can you use? (PC, IBM, Macintosh)
• What operating systems are you familiar with? (DOS, Windows, 3.x, NT, 95 2000, or XP, UNIX, LINUX, Macintosh)
• Do you know programming languages? List them.
• What Internet research tools have you worked with?
• What programs do you know? To what level of expertise?
• What experience do you have as a manager or participant in TQM? CQI? Be specific.
List your Achievements.
• What positive impact have you made for previous employers?
• Where and when have you gone above and beyond quotas or expectations?
• What program or improvements have you initiated?
• What strategic programs have you developed to increase sales or marketing?
• How do you make a difference?
List Awards or Recognitions.
• Have you recognized or praised for a method of working or a particular project?
• Where you promoted ahead of schedule?
• Have you been selected for special projects or responsibilities?
Ultimate Resume Preparation Services
As soon as your resume leaves your hand, your resume speaks for you. What is your resume saying about you? Most hiring authorities and recruiters use a resume to exclude rather than include you. Is your resume excluding you? Resume formatting has changed. Are you up to date on what hiring authorities want? Let Ultimate Placements supercharge your resume to get you noticed! Please contact us for more information or mail resume and check. Cost: $200 per hour / $200 minimum.
Join our newsletter to stay informed of the latest Ultimate Placements news.